top of page


Here at APWU 917, we believe in the simplicity of having our union members or any individual easily access some of the most common USPS forms or grievances forms. 

Forms for Grievances 

Standard APWU grievance forms in PDF format. These forms have been designed so that you can type information directly into the appropriate data fields and then print the forms on your computer's printer.

Request for Union Time

Step 1 Outline Sheet

Step 2 Appeal Form

Request for Information

Safety and Health, Financial Practices, and 1.6 Violation

These are the forms used for submitting a statement regarding safety and health, poor financial practices, and supervisor doing clerk work (1.6 violation) 

PS Form 1767 (Safety)

Security/Poor Financial Practice

Supervisor Doing Clerk Work

Absence/Leave, FMLA, Retirement, Resignation/Transfer

These are the forms if one wants to file a 3971, FMLA, Retirement, or request for transfer/resignation.

HR Shared Service Center at 877-477-3273, Option 5

Mailing Address:

HRSSC FMLA – Western

PO Box 970910

Greensboro, NC 27497-0910


Form 3971

FMLA (Self)

FMLA (Family Member)

Retirement Form




For more than four decades, APWU has fought for dignity and respect on the job for the workers we represent, as well as for decent pay and benefits and safe working conditions. As an AFL-CIO affiliate, the APWU supports the struggle for social and economic justice for all working families.

New members completing a hard copy form may mail the form to:
American Postal Workers Union
Attn: Organization Department
1300 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005

Upload PDF File

Thank you for helping us make a difference!

Address Change? 

Has your address changed since first joining APWU?

There are a few ways in which a local union or state organization can update members’ addresses. 

1) Local unions and state organizations can change member’s address at the local or state level.  The President or Secretary-Treasurer may log in to the Members Only section and click on the “Change Address” tab.

2) Members can change their address themselves when accessing the Members Only section of the website.

  • Visit

  • Click the Members Only tab

  • Log In

    • Username = EIN

    • Password = last name (all lowercase) and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number

    • If you should need assistance in resetting your account and/or password, please e-mail

3) Mail or e-mail the member’s new address to the Per Capita Department.  Please include the following information:

  • Member’s Full Name

  • Local/State Organization

  • New Address

E-mail to or mail to American Postal Workers Union, Attn: Per Capita Department, 1300 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005.

bottom of page